Healthy Bodies unit 3. Body Temperature 1. By the end of this unit you should :- 1. Know what body temperature is. 2. Know that this is usually higher than the surroundings. 3. Know that if your body temperature is not normal,you are ill. 4. Know that sweating decreases body temperature.
This Powerpoint is hosted on www.worldofteaching.com
Please visit for 100’s more free powerpoints
2. Their body temperature is the same as their surroundings.Cold Blooded Animals 1.
2. Physically inactive.
3. Skin becomes white.
4. Slow to react mentally.
5. Unusual behavior.
1. Wrap in warm blanket.
2. Give a warm sweet drink but NOT alcohol.
3,4,5 Increase room heating slowly.Hypothermia 2.The following are signs of hypothermia and actions to be taken
2. They are a good source of energy .
3. The calories from them can be burned off quickly.
4. If not they appear as fat.A Balanced Diet 3.Carbohydrates
2. All of these play different parts in the health of the body.
2. The picture shown is that of the bones of someone with rickets which occurs through lack of vitamin D.A Balanced Diet 5.Vitamins