UNIVERSITY PERFUSION EDUCATION in FRANCE S. Reymond (Le Plessis Robinson) B. Touchot (Paris) D. Gaillard (Paris) E. Vicaut (Paris) P. Rougé (Toulouse) Statutory aspects of ECC in FRANCE Decree n°93-278 of January 16, 1991 Article 5 : the unity of cardiac surgery needs to have :
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
S. Reymond (Le Plessis Robinson)
B. Touchot (Paris)
D. Gaillard (Paris)
E. Vicaut (Paris)
P. Rougé (Toulouse)
Decree n°93-278 of January 16, 1991
Article 5 : the unity of cardiac surgery needs to have :
- at least one nurse [clinical perfusionnist] having acquired the technique of ECC
- a medicine doctor [medical perfusionnist] having training or necessary practice to assume the medico-legal responsability of the ECC
Decree n ° 2002-194 of February 11, 2002
Article 8 : the nurse is authorized to carry out on written prescription, acts and following care provided that a medicine doctor can intervene at any time:
- preparation, use and surveillance of the ECC devices for cardiac surgery
Distribution of ECC practitioners in health sectors
Livre Blanc de la CEC- Collège Français de Perfusiondécembre 1997
initial qualification of CP in France
Livre Blanc de la CEC - CFP-1997
no national educational program - no specific diploma
training in ECC is local at every center - insured by peers
initial qualification of MP in France
Who assures practical training of MP ?
Livre Blanc de la CEC- Collège Français de Perfusion décembre 1997
- heterogeneousness of trainings
- heterogeneousness of practices
- absence of academic work
1991 - PARIS Lariboisière - D.Gaillard, B.Touchot & M.Duvelleroy.
« Diplôme d’Université de Circulation Extracorporelle et d’assistance circulatoire et respiratoire »
1990 - TOULOUSE - R.Barthélémy
« Diplôme d’Université de Circulation Extracorporelle en chirurgie et en assistance cardio-respiratoire »
- an initial training allowing allocation of a diploma for medicine doctors susceptible to become practitioners and responsible for the ECC in cardiac surgery centers.
- a permanent training intended for researchers, biomedical engineers as well as for clinical perfusionists.
- University of Paris issues simply a certificate of diligence
- University of Toulouse issues a specific diploma
- in Paris : repartition in 5 seminars of 2 days
- in Toulouse : repartition in 4 seminars of 2,5 days.
- certified MP to assure the clinical training of the applicant
main topics :
BS = basic science
cECC = clinical ECC
(adult & pediatric)
S = safety
CA = circulation assist Devices
- the first one is dedicated to the clinical manipulation of a system of extra-corporeal assistance
- the second one is dedicated to the simulation of ununsual problems in ECC and behaviour to be held in practice in particular :
- oxygenator failure and emergency replacement of membrane oxygenator
- realisation of retrogade cerebral perfusion for treatment of massive air embolism.
MP : medical perfusionnists
CP : clinical perfusionnists
- to be certified by the Collège Français de Perfusion, the applicant must be graduated from one of these 2 University Diplomas in ECC
- the decree concerning the organization of cardiac surgery centers is in the course of updating :
the new redaction of this decree would impose in every cardiac surgical center the presence of " at least a medicine doctor graduated from an University Diploma in ECC (D.U. C.E.C)”