Strategies to Build Capacity for Prevention, Treatment, and Care of HIV/AIDS in Africa: Recommendations from the IOM. Carmen Portillo, RN, PhD, FAAN Professor & Chair Community Health Systems, SON University of California, San Francisco. Background.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Carmen Portillo, RN, PhD, FAAN
Professor & Chair
Community Health Systems, SON
University of California, San Francisco
- is needs based; not hierarchical or territorial; allows roles to expand/contract according to need
- implies a realignment of roles & responsibilities
- specific task are transferred to workers with less training and qualifications
- does not imply realignment of roles & responsibilities
- Partners in Health model to build human capacity
- Academy of Science of South Africa
- International Association of National Public Health Institutes
- Advocacy groups, regional networks, interregional networks