1. What words are missing in the above passage? Source: http://historymartinez.wordpress.com/2010/12/09/cuban-missile-crisis-powerpoint/
2. Who are these two people? When & where did this meeting take place?
3. What is the purpose of this map? Source: http://world.time.com/2012/10/16/remembering-the-cuban-missile-crisis-fifty-years-from-the-brink-of-armageddon/
4. What do they mean by blockade? What would be blockaded? What was the purpose of the blockade? Source: http://mitchellarchives.com/the-cuban-missile-crisis-blockade.htm
3. How many US military bases were in the region? 4. Which US base is closest to Cuba? 5. How wide (how many miles of Ocean) did the blockade cover? 6. What do the abbreviations IRBM & MRBM stand for? Source: http://www.wall-maps.com/Classroom/HISTORY/US/Cuban-Missile-crisis.asp
7. What do they mean by simplerdays? Source: http://www.davegranlund.com/cartoons/2012/10/11/cuban-missile-crisis-50th/
8. What does this source say about the US position in the 1962? 9. Why did the US fear conflict with the Soviet Union? Source: http://susanhessel.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/the-missile-crisis-of-1962/cuban-missile-crisis/
10. Imagine, you are President Kennedy in 1962. What would you do? For each of the following options, highlight pros & cons for this decision Source: http://historytech.wordpress.com/2012/10/08/interactive-cuban-missile-crisis-website/