3 rd Grade Curriculum Night. 2012-2013. Jensa Bushey Megan Maynard Jessica Toulis Emily Vigneault. www.corestandards.org. Include standards in Mathematics and English / Language Arts Have been adopted in 45 states
The Unified Arts Experience
An opportunity to meet the unified arts teachers, visit the classrooms, and learn about each program through hands on activities.
In 3rd Grade Fundations/Word Study students continue to develop their spelling, decoding, vocabulary, fluency and handwriting (cursive). Cursive will be taught by introducing letters with verbal cues, sky writing, and writing practice.
Our focus will be to review the 6 syllable types (and their exceptions) as well as build upon their knowledge and understanding of word structure. Items such as base words, prefixes, and suffixes. We will also learn about how words change when adding prefixes and suffixes.
We will work on homophones and have a word of the day for vocabulary purposes. New trick words will be added to their repertoire.
Each student is expected to:
· Participate actively in science/social studies activities
· Complete investigations and projects on current topics
· Work cooperatively with classmates
Here is some important information:
Thanks for your support!
·Reflection of weekly work in school
· Weekly conversation with teacher discussing progress
·Assessment in each content area
· On-going informal assessment
· Daily conversations with students
· Assessment of individual and group work
· Trimester progress reports
· NECAP (New England Common Assessment Program)
Reading and Math Assessed in 3rd Grade