Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Renatus Group Business Development Program: “Networking in The New Econ” THE IIA PALM BEACH CHAPTER, Soft Skills Conference May 31st, 2013 . Purpose.
“Networking in The New
THE IIA PALM BEACH CHAPTER, Soft Skills Conference May 31st, 2013
This interactive session will teach participants how to be a successful networker in the new economy. The participants will learn the importance of on-going effective strategic planning and implementation of networking activities both internally and externally.
Networking in The New Econ “ What is it & What it
does for you”
Do’s & Don’ts
The Successful Networkers Most Valuable Ammunition
Summarize Key Points
“ What it is & what it does for you”
Cultivating of mutually beneficial,
give-&-take, win-win relationships
What networking isn’t
We are interdependent with each
Girards law of 250
Make networking a priority
Focus on helping others
Follow-up is key
Implement a “Success Formula” system
Develop a “29 second” Commercial
Networking tips for business functions:
- At the event
Constantly "selling" something
Too many choices
Lack manners and respect
Distributes too many cards and unsolicited
Focus on themselves
"Taking" instead of "giving“
Lack authenticity and personal values
Poor communication and interpersonal skills
Networking opportunities occur constantly, anywhere & any time
Invest 99.9% of conversation asking questions
Ask 10 open ended, feel-good questions:
1. How did you get your start in the widget business?
2. What do you enjoy most about your profession?
3. What separates you & your company
from the competition?
4. What advice would you give someone
just starting in the widget business?
you could not fail?
6. What significant changes have you seen take place in your
profession through the years?
7. What do you see as the coming trends in the widget business?
8. Describe the strangest or funniest incident you experiencedin
9. What ways have you found to be the most effective for
promoting your business?
10. What one sentence would you like people to use in describing
the way you do business?Cont. 10 questions
One key question that separates the pros from the amateurs “ How can I know if someone I’m speaking to is a good prospect for you?
“You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”