Energy and Work: Working Together. energy : the capacity to do work. Ch.9, Sec.1 – What Is Energy?. work is done when a force causes an object to move in the direction of the force. when one object does work on another, energy is transferred from the 1st object to the 2nd.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- all matter has atoms; therefore, all matter has energy!!!!!
KE = mv²
- m stands for mass in kilograms, v stands for the objects speed (the more speed & mass of an object means greater kinetic energy)
- gravitational potential energy can be found using the following formula:
GPE = weight x height
ME = PE + KE
- chemical energy is a form of potential energy because it depends on the position & arrangement of the atoms in the compound
- changing positions of magnets at power plants provides electrical energy (potential energy too)
- energy can be from fission where atoms can be split apart in the nucleus to create a lot of potential energy (uranium in the atomic bombs)