Chapter 6. Importance Of taking Care. Be careful when you select your plants. Add water to the plant soil. Place the plant in the proper light. Add fertilizer to the soil. Keep the temperature ideal for the plant. Choose a pot that is best for the plant.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Importance Of taking Care
A nursery is a place where plants are prop aged and grown to usable size.
Caterpillars- a larval stage of a butterfly or moth. Various species feed on different parts of the plant
Mites – a relative of the spider and often beneficial to the garden but in other cases cause harm by sucking, sap which cause speckling of leaves with a silken web in more severe cases.
Cut no more than one third of the plant’s leaves so the plant will not undergo severe distress.
1.Blight: Symptoms include sudden withering and death of leaves and branches, or in the case of blossoms, wilting and discoloration.
2. Canker: Symptoms usually form on woody stems and may be sunken area, crack, or raised areas of dead or abnormal tissue.
3. Galls: are swoilen masses of abnormal tissue that range in size from small to quite large. Certain insect also cause galls. Cut a gall open and search for sign of an insect inside if you find none, the gall in probably caused by disease.
4.Leaf Blisters are yellow bumps on the upper surface of the leaves with gray depression on the lower surface. Leaf curl disease cause new leaves to be pale or reddish with the midrib deformed.
5. Mildews are usually one of two types. Downy mildew is usually on the undersides of leaves and along stems. It turn black with age
6. Rot diseases cause decay of roots, stems, wood, flowers, and fruit. They can be soft and squishy or hard and dry, and color can be either light or dark
7. Rust diseases typically produce symptoms that include o powdery tan to rust colored coating or soft tentacles.
8. Wilt diseases cause permanent wilting, often followed by death of part or all of the plant
Repot your diseased plant in sterilized pot using fresh fertilized soil.