WELCOME TO THE S.A. BUDGET TRAINING WORKSHOP. . BE SURE TO SIGN IN. Getting Started. I. Introductions: S.A. Treasurer: Patrick Echols S.A. Accountant: Suzanne Sedlacek G.A. Accountant: Chen Liu At this budget workshop meeting you will receive information ensuring that your
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
BE SURE TO SIGN IN
S.A. Treasurer: Patrick Echols
S.A. Accountant: Suzanne Sedlacek
G.A. Accountant: Chen Liu
At this budget workshop meeting you will
receive information ensuring that your
A Budget Process
1 SA Funding
D Preparing your Budget
E Budget Preparation Policies
B Spending Forms
A General rules and policies.
Budgets are due on the 2nd Monday of October between the hours of 8:00am and 3:30pm in Campus Life Building 180, the Student Association Office. (5% penalty taken off the actual allocation for each day late)
Turn your budget request in to one of the following:
6. No pre-professional development organizations will be SA funded.
7. No organization with restrictive membership will be funded. Including but not limited to g.p.a. or certain declared majors. Anything that is not open to all NIU students in good standing will be considered to have restrictive membership.
8. All budget requests must be properly submitted. Any organization that fails to submit a budget request by the deadline without justifiable cause presented to, and accepted by, the Finance Committee will not be funded for the following
9. Budget requests, that are vague, incomplete, or improper shall be returned to the organization submitting the request and that organization shall not be considered for an allocation unless the request is properly prepared and resubmitted before the deadline to turn in budget requests. Failure to comply with this provision will result in your budget request being denied.
10. At least one organizational representative who helped to prepare the budget request should be present at the organization’s presentation to the Finance Committee. If an organization fails to have a representative present, the Finance Committee will proceed to act on the budget request without the organization being represented.
11. Student organizations that violate this budget guide will have their S.A. accounts frozen until the matter is resolved.
S.A. General Funding Policy
After the finance committee has adjourned for the year, an e-mail request for supplemental funding should be sent to the SA Treasurer, copying the SA Accountant. The SA Treasurer will respond to the organization and let them know that the request will be held to next fall when the SA Senate reconvenes.Supplemental Funding
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS BOX
S.A. Treasurer ___________________________
Why is a mission statement important?
Okay, I have a mission, but why do I need a vision?
First your organization must ask itself some basic questions:
A vision answers the following questions:
Knowing where you’ve been is as important as where you’re going.
*NOTE: ALL EQUIPMENT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE UNIVERSITY
All forms are available online at http://www.niu.edu/sa/documents/index.shtml
ANNUAL BUDGET APPLICATION
Submit To S.A. Treasurer
Organization’s Name: ____________________________________________
Please Spell Out All Acronyms
Number Of Active Members: ____________
Number Of Active Members 1 Year ago: _________ 2 Years ago:__________
Is your membership open to all NIU students: Yes ____ No ____
Do you receive funding other then your S.A. budget: Yes ____ No ____
If yes, then estimate outside funding below:
Membership dues: __________
Departmental Funds: __________
Fund Raising __________
Total Outside Funding __________
When and where does your organization meet? ________________________.
Treasurer _______________________ Phone:_______________________
President _______________________ Phone: _______________________
Faculty Advisor __________________ Phone: _______________________
Department ___________________ Office Location________________
STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
We, the undersigned representatives of
Organization’s Name (Spell Out All Acronyms)
Which is requesting funds from the Northern Illinois University Student Association for fiscal year 2005-06, do hereby signify that we have read and understand the Student Association’s Bylaws for the funding of student organizations. We hereby agree to comply with them at all times, and to be held completely responsible for any deviations from the Bylaws or this agreement.
Faculty Advisor’s Signature
State of Illinois
County of DeKalb
Subscribed and sworn (or affirmed) before me on this ______________day of _____________________, _____________ By _______________________
My commission expires ____________
This Form Must Be Completed and Submitted
Return to the Student Association, Campus Life Building, Room 180.
NOTE (The president and faculty advisor need to fill this form out separately)
they go with the intent to represent the University along with the student body. Funds for travel may be allocated when members of the organization submit the proper paperwork in a timely fashion. Organizations that request to attend a conference when preparing their budget must include the following items and guidelines, prior to requesting reimbursements for the conference:
To be reimbursed for travel expenses:
from the conference. Available at http://www.niu.edu/accounting/forms/index.shtml
For our procurement purposes, equipment is defined as a durable commodity that lasts 2 years or more and cost over $100.
All equipment must be purchased using a Purchase Order Requisition (budget line 880), processed by the NIU Accounting Department and the NIU Procurement Services Department. For example in the past, several organizations have purchased banners that cost over $100 and are expected to last longer than 2 years. Such banners should be purchased using the PO Requisition form.
Please note that university policy does not allow for
the purchase of cards, flowers, and candy for the
occasions of marriage, birth, death, illness, etc.
from university funds. Purchases of flowers will be
allowed in the event of death or hospitalization of
certain key members of the community, or other
universities (presidents, vice-presidents, deans or key
administrative positions) having close contact with our
university. Exceptions to this policy must be approved
through the appropriate vice president.
SA allocated funding may not be used to purchase gift cards of any kind.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS BOX
Stage #3 cont.
Monday – Friday 8-4:30
Graduate Assistant for Accounting