Life is Athletic… Bring the PERSONAL back. Agenda: Welcome Introduction Activity – Fitness Blast Workout New Resource Information Conclusion: Why Are We Doing This? Welcome Introduction: George Kourtis, TDSB Linda Whitmarsh, DDSB Rasa Augaitis, TCDSB Activity Details: Component
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Bring the PERSONAL back.
Keep your lesson relevant to
keep it personal!
achieve this goal?
• Imagine you are one of your students
• Today your teacher has set up 6 stations
• Each station emphasizes a different fitness component
Choose three stations to work on to assist you
in achieving the personal goals you have set
For this session, we will use these stations:
New Resource for PAF Course (Grade 11/12)
AVAILABLE SPRING 2011
Faster. Stronger. Smarter.
UNIT 1: FUNCTIONAL FITNESS
1. FUNCTIONAL FITNESS
2. EFFECTS OF EXERCISE ON BODY SYSTEMS
3. GETTING READY TO TRAIN
UNIT 2: PROGRAM DESIGN
4. FITNESS FOR OVERALL HEALTH
5. PERFORMANCE LEVEL FITNESS
6. PERSONAL FITNESS AND PROGRAM DESIGN
UNIT 3: SPORT NUTRITION
7. FUNDAMENTALS OF SPORT NUTRITION
8. ERGOGENIC AIDS
9. NUTRITION FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE