PLANT REPRODUCTION SCIENCE : SCI 21102 MATHAYOM 1
PLANT REPRODUCTION This is process which use for maintain group of life. Separate to be 2 types : Sexual reproduction and Asexual reproduction
Part 1 Sexual Reproduction
YOTHINBURANA SCHOOL Sexual Reproduction(การสืบพันธุ์แบบอาศัยเพศของพืช) Male Female
Flower Structure Structure of a flower: part of the plant that contains the reproductive organs.Stigma: part of the pistil that receives the pollen.Style: central part of the pistil.Ovary:lower part of the pistil which produces eggs.Pistil: the set of female parts of a flower.Receptacle: part of the flower to which the other parts are attached.Pedicel: the stalk supporting the flower.Sepal: each parts of the calyx of a flower.Petal: each parts of the corolla of a flower.Filament: male reproductive organ of a flower.Anther: part of the stamen that produces the pollen.
2. Flower Classification 1) By Four Basic Component Reference Complete Flower Structure Stamen
2. Flower Classification 1) By Four Basic Component Reference Complete Flower Structure
2. Flower Classification 1) By Four Basic Component Reference Incomplete Flower Structure
YOTHINBURANA SCHOOL Sample Picture Of Incomplete Flower Structure
2) By Stamen & Carpel Component Reference Perfect Flower
2) By Stamen & Carpel Component Reference Imperfect Flower
3. Fertilization of Flower YOTHINBURANA SCHOOL Main 2 Steps of fertilization ; 2) Fertilization 1) Pollination
1. Pollination YOTHINBURANA SCHOOL Pollination is the process by which pollen is transferred in plants 1.1 Self Pollination Self pollination: Pollen is transferred within flower itself
1.2 Cross Pollination Cross flower but same plant Cross pollination: Pollen is transferred cross over flower
2. Fertilization For the process of fertilization, tile pollen grains are carried to stigma of ovary by wind or insects (pollination). On the stigma, the pollen grains germinate to give out tubular structures, the pollen tubes. Only one pollen tube under the direction of pollen nucleus (tube nucleus) grows down the style and enters the ovary. In the ovary, the pollen tube makes its way through the micro-pyle of the ovule or embryo sac. Both sperm nuclei pass through the pollen tube and enter the embryo sac. Because the pollen tube and pollen nucleus now have no function and degenerate. Out of two sperm nuclei, one sperm nucleus unites with the egg nucleus to form a zygote nucleus, which in later stages develops into an embryo.
2.2 Fertilization Process 1) Pollination Pollination takes place immediately before theanthesis.Anthers elevate by elongating the stamen filaments,and untimately they go out the spikelet during anthesis.
2.2 Fertilization Process 1) Pollination
2.2 Fertilization Process 2) Pollen Germination The pollen left on stigma starts to germinate, to grow pollen tube toward the egg cell. Pollen tubes are the pathways for sperm to reach the egg.
2.2 Fertilization Process 3) Penetration of PollenTube into the Ovule The pollen tube reaches the ovule.It happens after the pollen tube starts growing.
2.2 Fertilization Process 4) Fertilization
2.2 Fertilization Process 5) Division of the Fertilized Egg (Zygote) Fertilization is completed.In the following morning, the fertilized egg begins cell division to develop into an embryo.An embryo is a baby of the plant, which is kept dormant in the seeduntil the right condition for germination comes.
2.3 Changed After Fertilization Egg+Sperm 1 Embryo Ovary Fruit Ovarywall Seed Coat or Fruit meat Endosperm Polar Nuclei+Sperm 2
Seed Ovule Seed coat Integument Antipodal & Synergid Decompose Carpel, Petal and other Declined
4. Fruit YOTHINBURANA SCHOOL Almost growth up from ovary after fertilization but some fruit growth up from pollen activate or hormone so none have seed Multiple fruit Fruit Simple fruit Aggregate fruit
4.1 Simple Fruit Generate from one ovary and one flower 1) One ovule in ovary -> Single Seed of Simple Fruit 2) Severalovule in ovary -> Multiple seed of Simple Fruit
4.2 Aggregate Fruit Generate several ovary in one flower -> One ovary growth up be one fruit 1) Each ovary growth up be Each fruit on same sepals 2) Tighten ovary on sepals seem be simple fruit
4.3 Multiple Fruit Generate from group ovary, each flower have only one ovary -> Each ovary growth up be each fruit and merge be same fruit seem be simple fruit
Part 2 Asexual Reproduction
1. Asexual Propagation 1) Shoot
1. Asexual Propagation 2) Root
1. Asexual Propagation 3) Leave
1. Asexual Propagation 4) Tuber
1. Asexual Propagation 5) Branch
2. Other Propagation 1. Layering 2. Budding
3. Approach Grafting 4. Tissue Culture