Chapter 6. ELECTROINC COMMERCE TOOLS. Chapter 6 – ELECTROINC COMMERCE TOOLS. Outline 6.0 Introduction 6.1 PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE (PKI) AND CERTIFICATE AUTHORITIES (CAs) 6.1.1 TRUST 6.1.2 DIGITAL CERTIFICATES 6.1.3 DIGITAL SIGNATURES 6.1.4 PUBLIC KEY CRYPTOGRAPHY
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ELECTROINC COMMERCE TOOLS
6.1 PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE (PKI) AND CERTIFICATE AUTHORITIES (CAs)
6.1.2 DIGITAL CERTIFICATES
6.1.3 DIGITAL SIGNATURES
6.1.4 PUBLIC KEY CRYPTOGRAPHY
6.1.5 PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE (PKI)
6.1.6 CERTIFICATE AUTHORITIES
6.2 Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Secure Electronic Transaction (SET)
6.2.1 Secure Sockets layer (SSL)
6.2.2 Secure Electronic Transaction (SET)
6.3 ELECTRONIC COMMERCE COMPONENT-BASED ARCHITECTURES
6.3.1 CORE COMPONENTS
6.3.2 BUSINESS-ORIENTED COMPONENT STRATEGIES.
6.3.3 COMMON BUSINESS LIBRARY
6.4 ELECTRONIC COMMERCE COMPONENT-BASED ARCH ITECTURES 6.4.1 Function
Electronic commerce promises gains in productivity, efficiency, and communication. At the same time, processing costs are expected to decrease. The objectives are achievable but they require the right types of electronic tools ,support the move to electronic business (eBusiness) operations. The introduction of the Web has transformed operations, and appropriate tools are under development to support these objectives.
- Drivers’ licenses.
- Membership cards.
- ATM cards .
- Digital certificate.
- Digital signature.
1. Name of entity being certified 2. Public key 3. Name of certificate authority 4. Serial number 5. Expiration date 6. Optional additional information6.1.2 DIGITAL CERTIFICATES
The basic elements of PKI are as follows:
• A certificate authority (CA) responsible for issuing and verifying digital certificates.
• A digital certificate including the public key or information about the public key.
• A registration authority (RA) to serve as the verifier for the certificate authority before a digital certificate is actually issued to the requestor.
• A directory where the digital certificates and their public keys are stored.
• A certificate management system.
1. Generate public/private key pair.
2. Send public key to CA.
3. Prove identity to CA—verify.
4. CA signs and issues certificate.
5. CA emails certificate or Requestor retrieves certificate from secure Web site.
6. Requestor uses certificate to demonstrate legitimacy of his or her public key.
Client initiates a connection
Server responds by sending the client its Digital ID. The server may also request the client’s Digital ID for client authentication.
Server Digital ID
Client verifies the server’s Digital ID. If requested by the server, the client sends its Digital ID.
Client Digital ID
When the authentication is complete, the client sends the server a session key encrypted using the server’s public key.
Once a session key is established, secure communications
commence between client and server
- Which provides facilities to store, search, and retrieve product information
- To enhance product information available through catalog entries.
- Providing online purchasing mechanisms. These facilities may include online shopping carts and credit card authorization services.
- Including user profiling and features to customize content delivery based on individual usage patterns and individual user preferences, background, and characteristics .
- Including facilities to handle customers’ questions and requests for Information.
- Including functions, APIs (application program interfaces), and development tools to connect Web-based electronic.
- Common Business Objects for catalogs, product information, business forms, and companies.
- Profiles of customers and vendors.
- Catalogs, data sheets, price lists.
- Purchase orders (POs)
- Inventory reports
- Bill of materials
- Credit reports
- Reports on shipping, tracking, and order status
Electronic commerceSolution = Function + Customization + Integration