ABOUT ADVANTA. Presence in Australia, Argentina, India and Thailand and it caters to other Asian and African markets from these countries. Revenues for FY 2005 (Proforma Nos.) Approx EUR 61 mio By Company Australia - 59% Argentina - 11% India - 17% Thailand - 13% Main Crops
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presence in Australia, Argentina, India and Thailand and it caters to other
Asian and African markets from these countries.
Revenues for FY 2005 (Proforma Nos.)
Approx EUR 61 mio
Australia - 59%
Argentina - 11%
India - 17%
Thailand - 13%
OIL SEEDS (Canola), SORGHUM (Grain & Forage), CORN, RICE.
EBIDTA of approx EUR 10.5 – 11 mio
Spend over 7% on R & D
Name Region of OperationMajor Crops
Pacific Seeds Australia and Grain and forage sorghum, sunflower, corn,
International tropical corn, hybrid canola, OP canola, oats
Advanta India India Hybrid rice, hybrid mustard, hybrid corn,
sunflower, grain and forage sorghum, pearl
Pacific Seeds (Thai) Thailand Field corn, baby corn, sweet corn, sunflower, grain, forage sorghum
Advanta Semillas Argentina Hybrid sunflower, grain and forage, sorghum, corn
SUNSAT Global SUNSAT oilseeds
Compañía Internacional Chile 50% joint venture of local sales and seed
de Semillas production operations
• Largest seed company in Australia with 40+ year track record of superior performance.
• Significant equity in the Pacific Seeds brand both locally and internationally.
• Diversified crops and seasons (key crops: canola, sorghum, corn, sunflower and oats).
• Established and rapidly growing international business with sales to Central and South-east Asia, Middle East and South/Central America with opportunity for continued expansion.
• A leading seed company in India with 10+ year track record of profitable operations.
• The Indian market has vast scale and is one of the fastest growing seed markets in the world.
• Advanta India is strategically positioned in key crops such as rice, hybrid mustard, sunflower and corn.
• Export and seed production opportunities not yet fully realized.
• A leader in key tropical vegetable crops with number one position in both sweet corn and baby corn.
• Excellent growth prospects, especially in sweet and baby corn markets, where tropical types are increasingly attractive to processors.
• Growth opportunities in other areas of South-east Asia (e.g., Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Indonesia)
• Established and highly recognized brand in sunflower.
• Grain and forage sorghum breeding program in Argentina has significant internal and international potential for the North, Central and South Americas.
• R&D cost effectively located in Argentina, but a truly global opportunity.
• Non-GM, modified oil sunflower program with proof of concept established and in the process of being scaled up for 2010 launch.
• Oil quality that provides healthy balance of saturated and unsaturated oils together with the elimination of trans-fat risks.
• The oil produced has properties tailored to the needs of various sectors of the food industry, such as healthy oil content, plasticity for margarine and spread production (without the need for partial hydrogenation), and stability.
• Advanta has exclusive control of intellectual property in these seeds, plants, and oils.
• Long established joint venture company with a highly respected local partner, Laserco S.A.
• Excellent reputation as a counter-season producer of seed for North American, European and Australian/Asian customers.
• Active in counter season production of a range of crops, including corn, sugar beet, sunflower and canola.
• Active in local Chilean market with sales of sugar beet, corn, and forage seeds
Synergy in Distribution / Product Leverage for Expansions
Build a platform to enable us to rapidly expand in this sector in 3 to 5 years down the line
Use India’s efficient and cost advantageous knowledge and R & D efforts to build in this sector
Reduce our eventual exposure to EUR 30 - 35 mio with 49 - 51% ownership.
To come back to shareholders with a revamped structure within 3 monthsUPL’S PLAN OF ACTION