Classification of Organisms. DIVERSITY OF ORGANISMS. Q.1 Estimates of the total number of species on Earth range from as low as 3 to 5 million to around \_\_\_\_\_ million. Ans. 100. This wide range of organisms is described as diversity of organisms .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Q.1 Estimates of the total number of species on Earth range from as low as 3 to 5 million to around _____ million.
This wide range of organisms is described as diversity of organisms.
1. Shrimp A. rocky store
2. Mushroom B. desert
3. Penguin C. polar region
4. Camel D. woodland
5. Hermit crab E. river
The place or natural environment where each type of organism lives is called its habitat.
Sorting organisms into groups is called classification.
Q.3 What is the main difference between them?
(Hints: consider their ways of obtaining food)
vertebrates (animals with backbones)
invertebrates (animals without backbones)
1. Point out that there is a large variety of living things.
2. Classify animals into vertebrates and invertebrates.
3. Classify vertebrates into fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
4. Classify plants into flowering and non-flowering plants using external features.
5. Classify non-flowering plants into algae, fungi, mosses, ferns and gymnosperms.
6. Use an identification key.
Fok Ping Chiu 97055670
Leung Kin Lap 97100880
Pang Oi Yan 97055830
Tong Cho Shun 97054760
Wong Siu Kit 97054500
Course : EDD 5161R