The Teacher, The Student and The Textbook. Presented By: Ms Sudha Nayar Ms Florence Dsouza. What the paper attempts?. The study attempts to capture the utility of the textbook in the context of our language learning situation on Oman.
The Teacher, The Student and The Textbook
Ms Sudha Nayar
Ms Florence Dsouza
of the textbook as an aid to his studies?
Over the years, language teaching has developed from the………
1. Language is facilitated by interaction and meaningful communication
3. Processing content for relevance and interest
4. Holistic Process
5. Discovery learning-analytic and reflective learning
6. Creativity and trial and error
7. Learners find their methodologies
8. Strategizing learning
9. Teacher as a facilitator
10. Collaborative sharing
1. Deficiency view
2. Difference view
Connecting textbooks to communicative method
Primary teaching material which gives structure to content
Is a support mechanism
Text books help to standardize instruction
The ultimate aim of the communicative method is that students become self sufficient. The teacher is responsible for making learners independent.