Private Company Data, Fact or Fiction? Presented by: Jon Carlos Territory Manager. Bureau van Dijk (BvD). Private Companies. Listed Companies: 65k = Approx. 98% worlds market capitalization Globally, almost all companies are private
I’m glad you asked!
Question: Wow, that’s a lot of private companies, how can I find information on them?
Ability to source and value potential acquisition opportunities globally
Research and detect potential fraudulent and/or compliance issues
Robust and up to date tax compliance initiatives
A sample of BvD’s information partners:
The three pillars of valuable data
Coverage & Timeliness
Concerted effort between BvD and our strategic partners
1. Monthly evaluation in the IPs data, timeliness of update, evolution of database & quality of data
2. Regularly evaluate of other IPs
Quality and Accuracy:
Usability and relevancy
1. Creation of own vertical specific databases
2. Links to IPs websites
3. Information sources cited within reports
4. Help guide
- Enhanced code classifications, etcetera.