Adjectives of Nationality. Los adjetivos de nacionalidad are used to describe nationality.For example: Rosa es peruana.Rosa is Peruvian.In Spanish, adjectives of nationality do NOT get a capital letter.. Uses of Adjectives of Nationality. Adjectives of nationality are not just used to describe pe
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Adjectives of Nationality And a gender reminder
2. Adjectives of Nationality Los adjetivos de nacionalidad are used to describe nationality.
For example: Rosa es peruana.
Rosa is Peruvian.
In Spanish, adjectives of nationality do NOT get a capital letter.
3. Uses of Adjectives of Nationality Adjectives of nationality are not just used to describe people, but things as well.
We also do this in English.
4. Identify the nouns Colombian coffee
Which are the nouns?
Do you know the Spanish translation for the nouns?
5. Translation of nouns Coffee= el café
Food= la comida
Cigars= los cigarros
Now, determine the gender (masculine or feminine) and number (singular or plural) of the nouns
6. Gender with nouns Remember in Spanish all nouns have a gender.
And adjectives don’t have gender or number, but change to match the noun they modify.
7. Adjective Agreement La computadora vieja
El proyector negro
La clase pequeña
Los teléfonos rojos
The adjectives morph to AGREE with the noun they describe.
8. Adjective rules Adjectives of nationality follow all adjective rules in Spanish. They must:
Agree in gender and number with the noun they describe (modify)
And typically come AFTER the noun they modify. (For now don’t worry about the exceptions.)
9. Colombian coffee Coffee= el café
Now that you know the gender and number of the noun, describe the coffee as Colombian:
10. Mexican food Mexican food
Food= la comida
La comida mexicana
11. Cuban cigars Cuban cigars
Los cigarros= cigars
12. Now, give it a whirl: Spanish paella (la paella)
Peruvian flute (la flauta)
Chilean wine (el vino)
Mexican beaches (las playas)
Colombian cumbia (la cumbia)
Dominican merengue (el merengue)
13. 7. Spanish art (el arte)
8. Mexican states (los estados)
9. Venezuelan oil (el petróleo)
10. Spanish cities (las ciudades)
11. Argentinian restaurant (el restaurante)
12. Cuban music (la música)
13. Nicaraguan political parties (los partidos políticos)
14. Guatemalan handicrafts (las artesanías)
15. Puerto Rican reggaeton (el regatón)
16. Spanish cooking (la cocina)
17. Costa Rican rainforest (la selva)
18. Peruvian origin (el origen)