CPL AND DEVELOPMENT-THE CASE OF THE COMESA REGION. By Peter Muchoki Njoroge Chairperson COMESA Competition Commission . CHARACTERISTICS WITH REGARD TO COMPETITION IN THE COMESA REGION. ■ Government involvement in many sectors.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Peter Muchoki Njoroge
COMESA Competition Commission
■ Government involvement in many sectors.
■ Reliance on Governments to provide essential services for the majority: education, health, water etc.
■ Supremacy of the Executive vis a vis other government arms.
■ Lack of Strong Competition Culture
• Trade agreements [ geographical market sharing, price fixing, economies of scope provisions, production quantities provisions ets].
• Cartelization through trade associations.
• Refusal or discrimination in supply.
• Predatory practices to repress competition.
• Collusive tendering [BR].
• Collusive bidding at auctions [BR]