Accessing Drinking Water Data For GIS Aps -- Interim SOP to Ensure Data is Secure. EPA Spring GIS Workgroup Meeting March 26, 2004 Philadelphia, PA. 1. Objectives of Interim SOP.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
-- Interim SOP to Ensure Data is Secure
EPA Spring GIS Workgroup Meeting
March 26, 2004
OGWDW is maintaining drinking water location data sets in the Reach Address Database (RAD) in the WATERS instance on EPA’s Intranet Server
Note: OGWDW also maintains drinking water locational tables in SDWIS/Fed
1. Request to include:
o Name, Ofc location, Telephone
o Description of EPA GIS application and steps taken to restrict access to registered users only.
o If data to be downloaded and stored, request to incl details about file name and server and security.
2. Review of request to ensure procedures are understood and followed.
3. Required to agree in writing to abide by the SOP.
4. Authorization granted to individual, not transferable.
5. File of all primary users and list of registered secondary users maintained in OGWDW.
1. Authorization to access the raw data tables confirmed in e-mail back to the requestor.
2. Copy sent to Cary McElhinney from OST, who controls access to RAD.
3. For instructions to connect directly to the RAD tables, see: http://intranet.epa.gov/waters/data/radconnect.html
Note: Only persons authorized by OGWDW are allowed access to the RAD drinking water data tables from the Intranet Server. To be authorized, primary users must agree in writing to abide by SOP:
Step 1: Initial discussion with State completed.
7 (MS, WV, MT, CO, KY,FL, SD)
Step 4: SWA sent to State for validation, awaiting response
6 states (CT, RI, DC, MD,UT, WA)
Step 2: SWA File received by OGWDW.
1 State and DC (MA, DC)
Step 5: SWA data complete, pending alignment
14 states (ME, NH, NJ, NY,PA, VA, IL, MN,LA, MO,NE, CA,ID,OR
Step 3: Preliminary pre-screening complete.
3 states (OH, NC, SC).
Step 6: SWA data complete; ready for use,
and info security SOP in place (0 states)
Populating the Reach Address Database:
(a) SWA Polygons – GIS Coverages for 24 States and DC, and Tentative Commitments from 7 other States, As of Dec 18, 2003
* NOTE: CA provided test data only