TARGETS. 1. Health triangle. 2. F actors that affect health status. 3. Life skills. 4. Health-literate person. . Your Health. Health is a collective quality of life, that include physical, mental-emotional, and family-social health. Health Triangle.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. Factors that affect health status.
1. Health knowledge
– is the information and understanding a person has.
2. Accessing health information, products, and services
– When you access useful health information, you help yourself make decisions about products or services and choose behaviors that will keep you healthy.
Behavior Choices and Health Status
• Promotes health
• Prevents injury, illness, and premature death
• Improves the quality of the environment
• Examples: wearing a safety belt, exercising regularly, and eating healthful foods
• Threatens health
• Can cause injury, illness, and premature death
• Damages or destroys the environment
• Examples: playing sports without safety equipment, smoking, and drinking alcohol
4. Influences such as culture, media, and technology
5. Communication skills
6. Decisions involving choices
Decisions and Health Status
Responsible Decisions Irresponsible Decisions
• Promote health • Can harm health
• Keep safety in mind • Result in unsafe behaviors
• Follow laws • May be illegal
• Show respect for self • Show disrespect for self and others and others
• Follow guidelines of parents • Show disregard for guidelines and adults of parents and others
• Demonstrate good character • Are part of normal character development
7. Health-advocacy skills
- are used to influence the health behavior and decisions of others and to advance health-related beliefs and concerns.
9. Your environment
10. Random event
TABLE 1.2 Steps to Comprehend Health Concepts Related to Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
A. Effective communication
B. Self-directed learning
C. Critical thinking
D. Responsible citizenship