MISSION STATEMENT (Old). The Metropolitan Human Services District (MHSD) is a public agency committed to maximizing the full potential and enhancing the quality of life of individuals, children, youth, and families faced with the challenges of mental health, addictive disorders, developmental disabilities and their related behaviors. To this end, a comprehensive system of care is offered which provides research-based prevention, early intervention, treatment and recovery support services, to ci9451
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. METROPOLITAN HUMAN SERVICES DISTRICT A PROPOSED STRATEGY
2. MISSION STATEMENT (Old) The Metropolitan Human Services District (MHSD) is a public agency committed to maximizing the full potential and enhancing the quality of life of individuals, children, youth, and families faced with the challenges of mental health, addictive disorders, developmental disabilities and their related behaviors. To this end, a comprehensive system of care is offered which provides research-based prevention, early intervention, treatment and recovery support services, to citizens or Orleans, St. Bernard and Plaquemines Parishes directly and through community collaborations.
3. MISSION STATEMENT (New) MHSD will provide and coordinate, directly and through community collaboration, a range of services to address mental health, addictive disorders, and developmental disability needs among the citizens of Orleans, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines Parishes.
Objective 1: Provide research based prevention, early intervention and recovery support services to affected citizens and their families.
Objective 2: Coordinate among all relevant actors to provide for a continuum of care across the range of necessary and related services.
Objective 3: Develop and apply metrics that will enable measurement of progress (or lack thereof) toward specific goal commensurate with mission purpose.
4. What’s the Difference - New vs. Old? Does not confuse mission with description
Posits an active role vice a passive one
“…will provide…” vs. “…system of care is offered…”
Sets specific objectives which can be translated into measurable goals
5. Operational Concept Two operating arms:
Supported by a Central Access Unit
6. Fixed Locations Central Headquarters
St. Bernard 1
Drug Court 1
Mental Health Court 1
Addictive Disorders 1
Developmental Disabilities – Processing Centralized
7. Mobility Arm MHSD Components
Public transportation CHITS
Mobile Crisis Units
Affiliated volunteer elements
Coordinated by a communications hub
8. Central Access Unit Initial Entry Location
9. Centrality of MHSD Community Leader
Linkages to Range of Services
Data tracking / selected integration
Responsive to changing community needs
10. Chain of Authority Board of Directors
Addictive Disorders Developmental Disabilities Mental Health
11. Organizational Enhancements Research
12. Phasing Transition Phase
March – June 2008
Immediate Service Surge
May – August 2008
March – December 2008
Full Implementation of Strategy
January – April 2009