Elementary/Middle Lightning Round Two. Two Point Questions Question One. In the Tea Act , which British Tea Company was given exclusive right to sell tea to the Colonists? East India Company Lipton Tea Company West India Tea Company Celestial Seasonings Company. Correct Answer: A.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. The Constitutional Conventionor the Federal Convention took place from May to September of 1787 in this city.
3. He was one of the most celebrated of America's Founding Fathers, a man who enjoyed success as an inventor, scientist, printer, politician, and diplomat. He helped to draft both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.
4. He was known as the Father of the Constitution, for he was responsible for writing much of it. He was also responsible for drafting the Bill of Rights that was added to the Constitution in 1791.
5. On May 10, 1775, the 175 Green Mountain Boys of Vermont led by Benedict Arnold and Ethan Allen captured this fort.
6. On the morning of December 26, 1776, American troops surprised Hessian troops in this city. This victory was critical to building morale amongst Washington's army.
7. “The American Revenue Act of 1764”, commonly titled The Sugar Actwas enacted by the British Parliament. It was a prohibitively high tax on a product imported from the British West Indies. Though several commodities were taxed and caused contention between the colonies and Britain, which commodity caused the most contention?
8. The Coercive Acts or “the Intolerable Acts” were a series of laws passed by Parliament made in direct response to which one of the following?
9. The Committees of Correspondence performed the planning for which one of the following?
10. Who is quoted in referring to the Daughters of Liberty by saying, “With ladies on our side, we can make every Tory tremble.”?
11. The appointment of George Washington as Commander of the Continental Army was done by which one of the following?
12. When the British army marched to Concord, what was the purpose of the mission?
15. He was the commander of the Southern Department of the Continental Army. He was defeated at Charlestown and taken prisoner. Following a prisoner exchange, he returned to service and was present at the Battle of Yorktown. He was given the honor of receiving Cornwallis’s sword of surrender after his defeat at Yorktown.
16. Though he spoke no English, he systematically trained the amateur American troops at Valley Forge in discipline and battle-readiness. This rigorous training saved the troops from complete defeat during the Battle of Monmouth.
18. In the Battle of Bunker Hill, sometimes called the Battle of Breeds Hill, the British lost nearly a third of their forces. When the colonial forces retreated, they were forced to do so for which reason?