`1. The process of increasing the number of species of a given plant is called:
2. The propagation method where a stem is girdled, treated with a rooting hormone , and surrounded with damp sphagnum moss and plastic until new roots appear is called:
3. A substance applied to stem cuttings to speed up the development of roots is:
5. The tendency of crossbred plants to be stronger and survive better than purebred plants is called:
6. Crossbreeding two species of plants in the same genus with each another produces a:
8. When a seed coat is damaged to encourage germination, the process is called
9. A disadvantage of plant tissue culture as a means of asexual propagation is:
10. The part of the plant that is responsible for development of seed is the:
13. Which plants tend to be stronger and survive better than open-pollinated plants?
14. Which type of stem cutting method is used when stock plant material is limited and the stems have alternate leaves?
15. A cutting that is usually made from a large – leaf plant with the veins split is called:
16. Which asexually propagation method is used to join parts of from two different plants to create a new plant?
17. The propagation method where a plant is separated into smaller parts is: