PRE READING (ENGAGE). What do you see in this picture? What can you tell From this picture? What does it look l ike he is doing?. ?. Group Discussion. Have you ever been lost? How did you feel when you were lost? What did you do to find your way to your destination?.
What do you see
in this picture?
What can you tell
From this picture?
What does it look
like he is doing?
Have you ever been lost?
How did you feel when you were lost?
What did you do to find your way to your destination?
UNIT1. How can I get to _____ ?
One day when Cathy went to visit her aunt, she got lost. She was outside playing with the kids from the neighborhood. All of a sudden, she sees the cutest kitten. Right there and then, she decided it was for her. She tried to hold it into her arms and the kitten ran away into an alley. She forgot that her mom had said not to wander off, because then she wouldn't know how to get back to her aunt's house.
As she looked around, she saw dark buildings and shadows everywhere but she didn’t see the beautiful kitten anywhere. Should she turn around now? She asked herself, then she heard something meow right in front of her. Looking down, she saw the kitten and it jumped into her hands. She started to pet it, turned around and realized that she didn't know where she was. She started to think what she had done the last time she got lost. She was scared and she needed to find her way back home.
True or False
Read the following statements and mark whether they are TRUE or FALSE.
1. One day when Cathy went to visit her grandfather, she got lost. ( )
2. All of a sudden, she saw a white kitten. ( )
3. She forgot that her mom had said not to wander off. ( )
4. She heard something woof right in front of her. ( )
5. She started to think what she had done the last time she fell down. ( )
Answer the following questions.
1. What was Cathy doing with her friends outside?
2. Where was Cathy headed?
3. Why did Cathy get lost?
4. What kind of sound did Cathy hear?
5. What jumped into Cathy’s hands?
Do you think Cathy found her way home?
Create your own ending to the story!