Job and Role Analysis and Design. Key concepts and terms. Job Job analysis Job description Job design Job enlargement. Job enrichment Job rotation Role Role analysis Role profile. After completion of this topic you should be able to Describe the distinction between jobs and roles
Job Description and
(with each employee)
(with supervisor who knows the job)
(with group of employee
who have the same job)
Participant Diary / Logs
Profesiju standarti - Izglītības tematiskās jomas – Komerczinības un administrēšana
Job enlargement – assigning workers additional same-level activities, thus increasing the number of activities they perform.
Job rotation – systematically moving workers from one job to anotherHow to deal with highly repetitive and specialized job?
that increases the opportunities for the worker
to experience feelings of responsibility,
achievement, growth, and recognition.How to deal with highly repetitive and specialized job? (cont.)
1. What items are typically included in the job description?
2. How can you use the information which job analysis
3. What are methods of collecting job analysis data?
Describe pros and cons of these methods.
4. What information is found in job specifications?
5. Explain how you would conduct a job analysis.
6. Do you think companies can really do without
detailed job descriptions? Why or why not?
7. In a company with only 25 employees, is there less need
for job descriptions for the employees of the company?
Why or why not?