Chic is in. With this current trend, I am sure each and every one of us wants to be with the flow. From the latest style of mobile phones to our lifestyle, we all want to be tagged as chic.
The Peterson Group Bespoke Condominium and Residences, provider of luxury apartment and residential for expatriates in Singapore, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Indonesia and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia defines chicness in simple synonyms: elegant and stylish.
This trend extends to home styles. There are just some people who are just elegant whatever they do. Learn from them and follow their path since it is indeed hard to be where they are now. Wehave asked some of them to share some secret tips and they almost immediately willingly obliged.
1. Always have a focal point In review of the past articles featured in The Peterson Group, focal point has been given with at least one emphasis. One solitary statement of a single item can be an anchor of the rest of the objects in a room. It may already be built in or something hanged on the wall. It doesn’t matter as long as it is the first thing that the eyes can rest on upon entry. Have this and you have achieved the first step of being chic.
2. Go Organic Stylish people are able to incorporate modernity and nature. The dull atmosphere of the cemented wall should be matched with the liveliness of a plant. Being elegant also calls out liveliness and where more can we find the source of that than from living things? A potted house plant will do.
3. Don’t forget some texture Although mostly ignored, the texture brings depth and emphasis on the feel of the room. The room can be more interesting if you put good textures with each other. Too much on the soft side feels lifeless while too much hard textures feel cold. Balancing between polar extremes can create comfort and elegance.
4. Bring your Personal Style Copying too much may feel that you are no longer in control of your own home. The most important part of being chic is you stand out as yourself. Put an item which signifies who you are, perhaps a personal preference of an item. It may even be better if you choose all the items by yourself.
5. Chic People Never Fail at Surprises As mentioned in the prior warning, too much perfection is not good when it comes to design. Instead, allow the unexpected, or even the weird things to creep into your space. You might be surprised at how stylish that can be.