God: The Oldest Question - William J. O’Malley, S.J. By: Lauren Cook, Morgan May, Eileen Torpy, & Julie Van Dyn Hoven. Biography of William O’Malley. Born August 18, 1931 American Jesuit Priest O rdained June 19, 1963 Author: of 37 books Actor: Played Fr. Dyer in Exorcist
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By: Lauren Cook, Morgan May,
Eileen Torpy, & Julie Van Dyn Hoven
1. To the Seeker.
2. The Path To God Through Atheism—By examining the theories regarding a lack of God’s existence, people can grow in their understanding of belief and unbelief. The four major cases for Atheism are:
3. A Suspicion of Transcendence—“If there is Bach, there must be God” Two sides of the brain need to work together to lead to “MysteriumTremendum” “Vulnerability is an absolute prerequisite”44.
4. Nubaleand Neutrinos, Quasars and Quarks—Scientific pursuit is not foreign to the pursuit of God. “Seekers for God can learn from the practitioners of science, especially in their expectations—and their demands for evidence.”
5. Crossing the Abyss
6. & 7. The Eastern and Western Faces
8. If Only God Would Show Us How
9. The Everyday God
People don’t question their faith until something calls it into question.
Faith as a calculated risk or faith as a blind leap. into question.
Religion encompasses God. into question.
God is a father. into question.
God the Father by Cima da Conegliano, c. 1515