PRACTICE QUIZ – MEDICAL TERMS AND SPECIALTIES. CHAPTER 1 – SECTION 1. 1. IDIOPATHIC. A. Diseases affecting the mentally impaired B. Diseases which have a simple prognosis C. Diseases arising from some unknown cause D. Diseases which practitioners don’t agree on causes . 2. CONGENITAL.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
PRACTICE QUIZ – MEDICAL TERMS AND SPECIALTIES CHAPTER 1 – SECTION 1
1. IDIOPATHIC A. Diseases affecting the mentally impaired B. Diseases which have a simple prognosis C. Diseases arising from some unknown cause D. Diseases which practitioners don’t agree on causes
2. CONGENITAL A. A disease which occurs later in life B. A disease which comes and goes C. A disease which you are born with D. A disease which cannot be cured
3. BENIGN A health issue which is A. easily curable B. noncancerous C. requiring surgery D. inexpensively treated
4. SYSTEMIC Is a health issue that is occurring • for a short time • throughout the body • throughout a population • for a great length of time
5. CONTRAINDICATED For curing a health issue - • is the best treatment • should not be used • uses more than one medications • requires a set of treatments
6. SUBCLINICAL Is a disease or health challenge which A. has no apparent signs nor symptoms B. can be treated at a commercial pharmacy C. a physician does not have to treat the condition D. the disease is not serious
7. NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS A. patient probably does not have the disease for which it was tested B. the treatment for the disease was more costly than expected C. the patient is not cooperating in following recommended regimen D. all choices
8. PROGNOSIS A. best treatment B. surgical assessment C. likely outcome D. practitioner bias
9. ACUTE CARE • treatment in emergency room or hospital • requires a practitioner team for treatment • cannot use painkillers during treatment • all the above
10. OUT PATIENT A. Treatment or diagnosis in hospital where patient is admitted then out in a short time. B. Treatment or diagnosis in hospital, then patient goes home. C. Treatment or diagnosis in hospital, then patient may do either A or B.
11. ANCILLARY SERVICES • Medical support services • Medical ministerial services • Medical bioethical services • Medical facility design
12. CHRONIC ILLNESS Is an illness which • is short term • is long term • lasts a lifetime • is any of the above
13. BIOETHICS The first consideration is the A. community values B. authentic science C. political possibilities D. local, state, and federal laws
14. Practitioner Military or civilian health care provider who can do all the following EXCEPT: • diagnose • initiate or alter heath care • terminate treatment • head ancillary services
15. PRIMARY CARE A. First one consulted B. Hospital care C. Insured health care D. All the above
MATCHING A. First professional consulted B. Secondary medical doctor C. Assists medical doctors D. Has more training and can give shots and intravenous intervention. E. Has less training than #4 and cannot give shots or intravenous intervention. 1. Physician 2. Physicians’ Assistant 3. Nurse 4. EMT 5. Paramedic
Matching 6. Medical Assistant 7. Medical Records 8. Health Information Technicians 9. Prosthetics/Orthotics 10. Community Affairs/ Public Outreach A. Artificial limbs B. Organizes medical info C. Helps higher “ranking” practitioners D. Handles image
MATCHING 11. Medical billing/Loss Manager 12. Personnel Manager 13. Hospice Care 14. Hospital CEO 15. Hospital Materials Managers A. Organizes supplies B. Heads a hospital C. Hires and fires D. Collection department E. Care during last stages of life
ANSWERS MEDICAL TERMS: • C 11. A • C 12. B • B 13. B • B 14. D • B 15. A • A • A • C • A • B SPECIALTIES: • A 11. D • B 12. C • C 13. E • E 14. B • D 15. A • C • B • B • A • D