Chapter 25 Sections 3 and 4 Page 582
2. Nepal’s people are mostly from what area originally? What are they called? What language do they speak. Define Sherpas.
3. What is the main ethnic group in Bhutan? Where does this ethnic group come from originally? Describe the typical house that these people live in.
4. What are the two main religions in Nepal and Bhutan? Define Siddhartha Gautama.
6. What were early communities in Bhutan centered around? What are two important features of Himalayan culture?
7. For many centuries, what was the importance of both Sri Lanka and the Maldives? Why do Sri Lanka and the Maldives have strong ties to the Indian subcontinent?
9. What caused problems between the Tamils and the Sinhalese which caused civil war and other forms of violence?
10. What three groups of people influenced the history of the Maldives? Define sultans. What makes the Maldives unique in the world?