The King is Alive – Go Tell Matthew 28:16NASV - session two -
ObedienceThe Prerequisite of Mission (16) • In spite of their grief and their doubt the eleven obeyed Christ. • Are we ever deterred in our mission by fear or doubt?
2. WorshipThe Impetus for our Mission (17) • Worship proceeds from the understanding of who God is. • The privilege of worship compels us to tell the nations.
3. All AuthorityThe Basis of our Mission (18) • Satan once offered Him all the kingdoms of the world. Matthew 4:8-9 • He has received all authority in heaven and earth.
3. All AuthorityThe Basis of our Mission (18) “and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which he brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places…” Ephesians 1:20-21
4. All NationsThe Scope of our Mission (19) • The universal Lordship of the King mandates a universal mission “And to Him was given dominion, glory and a kingdom that all the peoples, nations, and men of every language might serve Him.” Daniel 7:14
4. All NationsThe Scope of our Mission (19) • The imperative is “disciple the nations.” • Baptizing and teaching are participles which define the disciple-making process.
5. The PromiseEternal Impact • The promise is not simply His presence, it is His eternal presence. “…and the name of the city from that day shall be: THE LORD IS THERE.” (JEHOVAH SHAMMAH) Ezkeiel 48:35
“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means “God with us.”” Matthew 1:23
“And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He shall dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be among them…”” Revelation 21:3
“And the nations shall walk by its light, and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory into it.” Revelation 21:24