What type of tissue is indicated by the blue arrow? What is the primary function of this type of tissue? Define the shape and the number of layers that it has. 4. What type of tissue is this? 5. What is special about its ground substance and fibers? 6. Identify the smaller cells.
5. What is special about its ground substance and fibers?
6. Identify the smaller cells.
7. Identify the larger cells.
9. Where is it found in the human body?
10. How does the shape of the cells on the apical surface reflect its function?
16. What is the structure indicated by the red arrow?
17. What is contained within this structure?
18. What fibers predominate in this matrix and what is deposited within these fibers?
20. What is the structure indicated by the blue arrow? What is its function?
21. What type of connective tissue do you see below?
22. What physical characteristics did you use to identify the connective tissue in question above?
19. What type of cells are responsible for making the matrix?
24. Where would you find this type of tissue?
25. Identify the cell within the lacuna, indicated by the blue arrow.
26. What fiber predominates in the matrix of this tissue?
38. Describe its structural characteristics.
40. What is its function in the human body?
42. What physical characteristic did you use to classify this?
44. What is its primary function and name an example of a body structure that has this tissue.
45. Name the tissue.
46. What structure is indicated by the yellow arrow? What does it produce? What cellular organelle is responsible for producing this structure?