Ch. 6.2 Enlightenment in Europe I. Two Views on Government A. Hobbes Social Contract. 1. Wrote the Leviathan People needed to hand over their rights to a strong ruler 3 . Without a strong government to keep order life would lead to chaos
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Wrote the Leviathan
3. Without a strong government to keep order life would lead to chaos
3. People needed to apply reason to life like Newton did to science
4. The five concepts: Reason, Nature, Happiness, Progress, and Liberty
4. Mary Wollstonecraft is another woman who wrote an essay that attacked Rousseau’s belief of what a woman should learn
5. Mary urged women to enter male dominated fields of medicine & politics