Skills for Sustainability. Dr David Hickie Chief Executive. Society for the Environment. Our Vision. “Sustainability through Professionalism”. We gained our Royal Charter in 2004. Our Aims:.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
We gained our Royal Charter in 2004
- Widespread recognition of important role of environmental and sustainability professionals in all areas of business, commerce and public sectors
- Widespread recognition of status of Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv)
We are the Registration Authority which Licenses Member Institutions to award CEnv.
Advocacy of views of sustainability and environmental professionals
Chartered Institution of Waste Management (CIWM)
Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
Institute of Agricultural Management (IAgrM)
Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (IEEM)
Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
Institute of Fisheries Management (IFM)Our 15 Member Bodies
Associate Member Body
1. What is the role of professional institutions on Sustainable Development and Sustainability?
2. Are there key skills that all professionals need? Sustainable Development and Sustainability?
3. Are these common across all professions and disciplines? Sustainable Development and Sustainability?
4. What are the next steps for institutions and/or individuals?