Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
From Dodgeball to Parachutes: Who We Will Be Serving in the Future?. Law School Admission Council’s Academic Assistance Training Workshop June 13 - 16, 2012 Joyce Savio Herleth Saint Louis University School of Law. In the good old days, you played dodge ball at recess.
Law School Admission Council’s
Academic Assistance Training Workshop
June 13 - 16, 2012
Joyce Savio Herleth
Saint Louis University School of Law
Thank you Law School Admissions Council for all statistics
Thank you Mike Kolnik, Assistant Dean of Admissions for providing them to me!
Big declines on the high end
While not a huge change up to 30, if potential applicants postpone until a better economic climate, what may be the LSAT effect in future years?
(thanks Prof. J. O’Hallaron)
* From The Millennial Muddle by Eric Hoover, Chronicle of Higher Education, October 11, 2009, http://chronicle.com/article/The-Millennial-Muddle-How/48772/
1. Linguistic Intelligence: the capacity to use language to express what's on your mind and to understand other people.
2. Logical/Mathematical Intelligence: the capacity to understand the underlying principles of some kind of causal system, or to manipulate numbers, etc.3. Musical Rhythmic Intelligence: the capacity to think in music; to be able to hear patterns, etc.4. Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence: the capacity to use your whole body or parts of your body to solve a problem, make something, or put on some kind of production.5. Spatial Intelligence: the ability to represent the spatial world internally in your mind 6. Naturalist Intelligence: the ability to discriminate among living things and sensitivity to other features of the natural world 7. Intrapersonal Intelligence: having an understanding of yourself;
8. Interpersonal Intelligence: the ability to understand other people.
9. Existential Intelligence: the ability and proclivity to pose (and ponder) questions about life, death, and ultimate realities.
According to Prof. Kathleen Elliott Vinson, Hovering Too Close: The Ramifications of Helicopter Parenting in Higher Education, January 10, 2012 *
Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Don't know what to say - it's where it should be - did they "join" Past Exams - Academic Advising and then hit [professor’s course name] and then your file?
If they are having problems - have them talk to one of the librarians …Joyce
Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Thanks Joyce- I just wanted to be sure that nothing had changed. And I also checked with the librarian who handles TWEN. And I finally just copied all the exam questions and emailed them to the student…
Prof. Joyce Herleth, Director of Academic Advising
I learned in this presentation!
Tuesday January 23, 2012
12:00 – 12:50 p.m., room 303
Offices of Academic Advising and Career Services
2Ls/3Ls – with Career Services
Before You Ban: Empirical Data on Student Laptop Use Prof. Kim Novak Morse, Saint Louis University School of Law