Download
slide1 n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Telling Our Story PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Telling Our Story

Telling Our Story

211 Views Download Presentation
Download Presentation

Telling Our Story

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Dawson, 11 life-threatening heart defect I wish to go to Hawaii Darrien, 7 I wish to be a police officer Telling Our Story

  2. 2011: How Do We Reframe Our Story? So important So nice • Telling the story about • what’s been done There are so many wishes yet to be granted Describe the impact • Describe the wish Third person wish stories Wish family testimonials “The doctors healed Courtney’s body, but Make-A-Wish healed her spirit.” Madison, 5 leukemia I wish to go watch the fireworks with my favorite princess

  3. 2012: Who Are Our Storytellers? - Wish children and families “It changes everything…in an instant, and for a lifetime” • Medical community “A wish is part of total patient care” • Wishgranters “It made a difference in a child’s life…and mine” Payton, 8 congenital heart defect I wish to have a pirate ship playhouse

  4. 2013: How Do We Tell the Story of 30 Years and 10,000 Wishes? The story of imagination… From the child’s perspective - Imagining a world beyond illness - Imagining endless possibilities - Imagining the joys of childhood restored to a young life that had X been controlled by doctors, hospitals and treatments From the organization’s perspective: - Imagining a world without illness - Imagining the possibilities for building a sustaining organization X with the people and resources needed to grant every wish Madison, 5 leukemia I wish to go watch the fireworks with my favorite princess

  5. 2013: How Do We Tell the Story of 30 Years and10,000 Wishes? Javi, 3 brain tumor I wish to have a big truck Telling the Story of Our Future: “10 in 10” 10,000 wishes: • - The importance of the wish experience is widely understood. • There are countless wish alum and their families that attest to its life-long impact. • - The need is great: we serve 700 local children each year, but more than 1,000 X qualified children are newly-diagnosed each year. • Given what we’ve learned in 30 years about the importance, need and • impact of the wish, we cannot fail a single child. Call to action: • - Be a part of our future…one special child at a time. • Help us reach and serve the next 10,000 children, not in 30 years, but in the • next decade.

  6. Be a Part of Our Story Historic $10 million gift from 15-year donor - 10% of direct costs for next 10,000 wishes - Granting the 10,000th and 10,101st wishes How do we raise the other 90% for “10 in 10”? - Donors as investors - Wish Alum as storytellers - Everyone can be a part of our story by doing “personal best” It isn’t about $10 million – it’s about 10,000 wish kids and families whose lives are forever changed. Madison, 5 leukemia I wish to go watch the fireworks with my favorite princess Matthew, 3 cancer I wish to see snow