The Western World (Since 1970). SPIELVOGEL CHAPTER 29. U.S. - Soviet relations in the 1970’s. Détente - attempt to reduce tensions between the superpowers Antiballistic Missile Treaty 1972 = ABM Treaty
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
SPIELVOGEL CHAPTER 29
BREZHNEV AND NIXON
“THE KISS” – BREZHNEV AND CARTER
the war in Bosnia
1. Brezhnev dies in 1982
2. Constantine Chernenko - dies
3. Yuri Andropov – dies
21. What happened throughout Eastern Europe in 1989?
22. Why was Romania the exception in 1989?
27. What happened in the Soviet Union in Aug. 1991?
28. Boris Yeltsin
29. What replaced the Soviet Union?
30. What were Yeltsin’s economic policies?
31. What were two problems of “shock treatment”?32. What were two reasons for Yeltsin’s decline in popularity?
33. What was the conflict between Yeltsin and the Congress of People’s Deputies in Oct. 1993?
34. What were two reasons Yeltsin was re-elected in 1996?
35. Vladimir Putin
36. The Beslan Massacre
37. How did the Russian people feel about Putin and why?
38. What were Slovenia and Croatia?
39. What did the Bosnians want?
40. Who was Slobodan Milosovic and what was his policy towards Bosnia?