Agenda. Ra-Ro Katakana Quiz Fieldtrip Discussion Language Review Hiragana Katakana Vocabulary Lecture: Meiji Restoration Culture: N/A HOMEWORK Katakana: WA, WO, N (writing notebooks AND quiz next class) Meiji Restoration Reading with questions. カタカナ クイズ. 1. RE 2. RO 3. RI 4. RA
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. RE - レ
2. RO – ロ
3. RI – リ
4. RA – ラ
5. RU – ル
Emperor Meiji (Mutsuhito) – 1852-1912
Year Production (metric tons)
(The joys of world capitalism!)
"Revere the Emperor, Expel the Barbarians"
Is this similar to mafia? Take care of us we take care of you?
(roll of father/male and position of women)
7. Until what age could a father determine the marriage status of his children?
9. What could be ground for divorce or criminal prosecution?
10. Define oku-san.
11. Who was ryosai kenbo mainly directed towards?
12. Was this a realistic model for women to follow? Why or why not?
13. The concept of homu focused mainly on what?
14. In the new homu way of thinking the bride became the __________________ of her own family.
15. What did Japanese women do to define feminimity?
By 1922 Japan controlled:
Enclaves in China
New Emperor Taisho:
Economic slowdown (precursor to Great Depression) hits Japan 1925
(Military Industrial Complex?)
Signs of reasserted authoritarian control:1925-27
through schools – School Warm-ups!
becomes standard doctrine in schools
International Events disrupting Taisho Democracy
Taisho Democracy Collapses 1926
International and domestic crises emphasize
Japan’s military-industrial alliance combines with Bureaucrats to reassert control
Refocus nation’s efforts on national slogan