2010 Open Market Transfer System User Guide . Objectives. Uses of this Guide Understand how to register for the Open Market Transfer System (OMTS). Understand how to upload resume and cover letter, and apply for vacancies.
Related searches for 2010 Open Market Transfer System User Guide
Uses of this Guide
For technical issues using OMTS, contact HR Connect at 718-935-4000.
Use our ‘Quick Links’ list to access OMTS
1) Click to visit the Sign In page
2) Once you have already registered, enter your User ID and Password here to Sign-In.
1) If you are not yet registered, click here to sign up.
Quick Tip: Call HR Connect at 718-935-4000 if you forget your username or password
1) Fill out your Social Security Number and Last Name.
2) Create your own password, 6 to 8 characters long. Enter the same password in each box.
3) Enter the same email in each box. (You will be contacted at this email address.)
4) Click Register.
1) Click into ‘Online ‘Application to visit your profile AND apply for schools.
1) Copy and paste your cover letter and resume text from a Word document to these boxes.
2) Review and click ‘Save Profile’ after making changes to your cover letter and resume.
3) Click here to apply for schools and vacancies.
2) Leave the Region field blank to increase your flexibility.
4) Then click the Search button.
3) Choose your Title (teacher, counselor, etc) and Subject
1) Choose to search for vacancies or schools.
1) Only Math vacancies will appear if you choose Math as your subject.
2) Check the box next to each vacancy where you want to apply.
3) Click on each page number to see vacancies from more schools
4) Click here to add the selected vacancies to your profile page.
Add your preferred vacancies to your profile page by checking the box. Scroll to the bottom of your profile page to submit your application.
1) Click Submit Application to apply to the vacancies you selected.
2) Delete any applications from your profile page before submitting to principals.
Quick Tip: Be sure to copy and paste your resume and cover letter into your profile page before submitting your applications.
1) Click Open Market Online Application to return to your profile page.
2) On your profile page, click “I would like to apply to another vacancy/school.”
3) Then follow slides 9-11 to complete the application process.
Update your resume and cover letter
Utilize our Professional Development Services
Attend job fairs whenever invited
HR Connect – OMTS Help and General Human Resources Information
Teacher Hiring Support Center – Job Search Resources