Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
IRC Business Meeting Bremen, Germany 22 July 2010
IRC Business Meeting Agenda 1. Welcome 2. Approval of Agenda 3. President’s Report - Remembrances - Treasurer’s Report - Web site Update (www.irc-iamas.org) - maintained by Paul Przyborski, Webmaster - Recent IRC Activities (Publications, Meetings) - IRS Proposals: Ground Rules, Analysis 4. Presentation of IRS 2012 Bid Proposals (i) Berlin (Fischer, Macke, Orphal) followed by Questions and Comments (ii) Vallodolid (Cachorro-Revilla) followed by Questions and Comments (iii)Comments from past IRC Presidents 5. Vote on IRS 2012 venue 6. Working Group/Rapporteur Presentations - 3DRT Marshak - ASA (file only) -CIRC Marshak - GEB (file only) - ITWG Larar- BSRN (file only) - CR Kinne (informal) 7. Proposed new Working Groups - UV Groebner - ARTMMayer 8. Next IRC Business Meeting – IUGG 2011 (28 Jun – 7 Jul), Melbourne, Australia - IRC-sponsored/co-sponsored sessions at IUGG 2011 (Melbourne) 9. Other business In keeping with eco-friendly best practices, this meeting will be PAPER-FREE
President’s Report • Remembrances • Treasurer’s Report • Web site Update (www.irc-iamas.org) - maintained by Paul • Przyborski, Webmaster • Recent IRC Activities (Publications, Meetings) • IRS Proposals: Ground Rules, Analysis
In Remembrance • Jack Eddy 1931-2009 • Joanne Simpson 1923-2010 • Stephen H. Schneider 1945-2010 • Hal Woolf 1940-2009
Treasurer’s Report Account balance is approximately US$25K, of which US$10K was raised by IRS2008, held in C publications. IRC requests continued support from IAMAS at a similar level as in the previous 4-year term. This support is needed to enable IRC to continue to widen participation.
Web site Update
Resources Page …top Continued on next slide…
Resources Page …bottom
-Recent IRC Activities • Publications (IAMAS) Radiation and Ozone, Catalysts for Advancing International Atmospheric Science Programs for over Half a Century, by G. Ohring, R. D. Bojkov, H.–J. Bolle, R. D. Hudson, and H. Volkert • Recent Meetings The Eleventh Biennial HITRAN Conference (united with the 10th ASA Conference), 16-18 June 2010, Cambridge, Massachusetts AMS Joint 13th Conference on Cloud Physics and 13th Conference on Atmospheric Radiation, 28 June-2 July 2010, Portland, Oregon • Upcoming: 3rd APRS, Seoul, 25-28 August 2010
- Ground rules for IRS proposal selection: • Presentation by each team - Highlight any changes from written submission • Discussion with Q’s from anyone present • One (1) questioner at a time has the floor • One (1) vote per each voting member; voting members from the proposing countries are recused from voting • Ten (10) total votes or more constitute a quorum • No email votes unless there is no quorum at the business meeting • Simple majority rules (i.e. Integer part of N/2 + 1, or more)
4. Presentation of IRS 2012 Bid Proposals (i) Berlin (Fischer, Macke, Orphal) - Questions and Comments (ii) Valladolid (Cachorro-Revilla) - Questions and Comments (iii)Comments from Past IRC Presidents 5. Vote on IRS 2012 Venue
6. Working Group/Rapporteur Presentations - 3DRT Marshak -CIRC Marshak - ITWG Larar - CR Kinne(informally) - ASA (on file) - GEB (on file) - BSRN (on file)
7. Solicitation of proposed new Working Groups (1) UV Groebner and Blumthaler Propose change in status from Rapporteur to Working Group (2) ARTM Advanced Radiative Transfer tools for new satellite missions Mayer and Emde
8. Next IRC Business Meeting – Concurrent with IUGG 2011 (28 Jun – 7 Jul) Melbourne, Australia - IRC-sponsored/co-sponsored sessions at IUGG 2011 (Melbourne): M01 - Solar UV Radiation – Blumthaler, Groebner M03 - Aerosol-Cloud-Precipitation Radiation Interactions – Feingold, Koren, Stephens M08 - The Impact of Solar Variability on the Earth – Langematz, Schmutz M09 - Three-dimensional Radiative Transfer in the Atmosphere – Marshak Detailed information on the sessions can be found at: http://www.iugg2011.com/program-iamas.asp 9. Other Business