Investigation 1:. Levers. Set the challenge…. Can you lift a heavy load with only one finger? Does it always take the same amount of force to lift a load?. Do you know that you can perform stunning feats of brute strength, far more amazing than the most powerful athletes?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What’s the secret?
1. make a load easier to lift
2. reduce effort
3. Increase speed or distance
There are 4 parts of a lever system:
1. Fulcrum = the pivot point or fixed point that the lever arm can rotate around
2. Effort =the force applied to move the load
3. Load = a mass lifted by the lever
4. Lever arm = the rigid bar or beam
Take a moment to learn about using spring scales!
1 kg needs a force of 10 N
5 kg needs a force of 50 N