ASSESSMENT METHODS & TOOLS FOR ODL Philemon Mahlangu. UNISA, Florida Campus Email: email@example.com Tel: (011) 471 2236. ASSESSMENT TOOLS FOR DISTANCE EDUCATION. Outcomes Identify different assessment methods, tools and techniques used in ODL
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
UNISA, Florida Campus
Tel: (011) 471 2236
1. NORM REFENCING
…”a structured process for gathering evidence and making judgments about an individual’s performance in relation to registered national standards and qualifications” (SAQA, 2001: 16)
* An important mechanism whereby evidence of applied competence can be presented.
- foundational, practical and reflexive competence
- knowledge, skills and values
- capability to undertake whole activity being assessed rather than one outcome …
- opportunity for learners to integrate concepts, ideas and actions across unit standards.
- Competence is grounded and coherent in relation to the purpose of the qualification
- integrated tasks and activities
- variety of methods, tools, techniques in assessing learner’s performance
Department of Education (Doe): Draft revised National Curriculum Statement for Grades R - 9