FASHION WEEK. Leslie Renteria 4 th period . 1. Brief history of Fashion Week (in specific city). Fashion week was started in the year 1943 , th e world was at war at that time making it hard to sustain this event. In the year 1993 was when “fashion week” Got its Name Of “Fashion Week”
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
FASHION WEEK Leslie Renteria 4th period
1. Brief history of Fashion Week (in specific city) Fashion week was started in the year 1943 , the world was at war at that time making it hard to sustain this event. In the year 1993 was when “fashion week” Got its Name Of “Fashion Week” One of the greatest achievements of Fashion Week has been the way it brought American designers to the forefront. For a long time, Europe was the place that set all fashion and style trends for the rest of the world. Even American fashion magazines wrote predominantly about French and Italian design houses. The main credit for inventing fashion week goes to Charles Frederick Worth, who is known as the Father of Haute C.
2. When does Fashion Week take place This year's fashion extravaganza in New York City is scheduled from Thursday, September 10 to Thursday, September 17, 2009.
3. Examples of designers who participated The Council of Fashion Designers of America, or CFDA, Jay Alexander, are designers and models who participate in fashion week down in New York.
4. One video of a runway show • http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=examples+of+fashion+people+who+go+to+fashion+week&view=detail&mid=D57D0221BC8D97B41DF0D57D0221BC8D97B41DF0&first=0 • http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=examples+of+fashion+people+who+go+to+fashion+week&view=detail&mid=00F9855BD6D3B9930CBA00F9855BD6D3B9930CBA&first=21 • http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=examples+of+fashion+people+who+go+to+fashion+week&view=detail&mid=F9B6929DDEA36759D9ECF9B6929DDEA36759D9EC&first=61 • Here are some short cuts for the videos since I cant see them. C:
5. Who are the official sponsors of Fashion Week? • American express • Canon • DHL • Ebay Fashion • International palladium board • Lavazzaitalysfavouritecoffe • London evening standard • MAC • Mayor of london. • Mertcedes-benz • Samsung • The may fair hotel • Toni&Guy • Topshop
6. Who attends Fashion Week shows? • Julia Stiles at Bill Blass • Lara Stone at Calvin Klein Collection • Emma Stone and Rooney Mara at Calvin Klein Collection • Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander at The Blonds • Lil' Kim at The Blonds • Adam Lambert (right) at The Blonds • Cassi at The Blonds • Caroline Sieber and Julia RestoinRoitfeld at ProenzaSchouler • Felicity Jones at ProenzaSchouler • Dakota Fanning at ProenzaSchouler • Gia Coppola at Proenza Schouler All These People Atteneded Fashion Week c:
7. If you wanted to attend Fashion Week, how would you get tickets? • There's tickets for sale at http://www.couturefashionweek.com/tickets.htmranging from $1,600.00 and $2,000.00 to $40.00 and $55.00.
8. Trends you notice • sleek pantsuits in everything from white to jewel tones. • a bit of sheer to the pantsuit • Knee Length skirts • Side Purses • Floral Patterns • Tucked in shirts into skirts.
b. How do the runway looks compare to what you and your friends are wearing now? • Normal people don’t wear blue lipstick. • Upside down dresses • We tend we wear what our mommy's let us go out looking like. We don’t wear 6 inch heels to walk. • And we make sure our make up looks good.