Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
E NHANCING A TTRACTIVENESS OF E NVIRONMENTAL A SSESSMENT AND M ANAGEMENT HIGHER EDUCATION. The TwoEA -M project - An overview Thomas Fischer and Urmila Jha -Thakur AESOP, Espoo, 9 July 2010. THINKING BEHIND PROJECT:.
The TwoEA-M project
Thomas Fischer and Urmila Jha-Thakur
AESOP, Espoo, 9 July 2010
Environmental Assessment and Management (EAM) is often perceived as being taught in similar ways throughout the world. This is opposite to subjects such as e.g. spatial planning which have more of a country specific focus. As a consequence, EAM related higher education programmes are frequently assumed to have an international, rather than national, or local, appeal. However, contrary to this perception, there is currently very little evidence that this is indeed the case.
- creation of a TwoEA-M network
- setting up of a TwoEA-M webpage (www.twoeam-eu.net)
- production of a handbook (‘guidebook’) on EAM related higher education MA programmes in the EU
- testing the international usefulness of EAM related higher education teaching materials produced during the PENTA project (www.penta-eu.net); eg EA Lecturers’ Handbook
- Three East Asian conferences (South Korea, China, Malaysia)
- production of a report on regional specific EAM interests and educational requirements
- A main European final TwoEA-M conference (Austria)
- 2-year European Commission funded project (December 2008-November 2010); follow-up to previous PENTA project (2005-2007)
- 3 main European project partners (University of Liverpool, University of Bratislava, ANIDEA)
- 4 East Asian partner institutions (Yonsei University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nankai University, University of Technology Malaysia)
- wider TwoEA-M network members
Environmental Assessment and Management” (country name) and “Masters Environmental Assessment” (country name); over 10 languages used.
What is your involvement with EAM related higher education?
Do you think the current EAM literature provides you with everything you need for your specific regional or national higher education purposes?
What do you think are the main shortcomings of current teaching materials?
What do you think is particularly urgently needed?
Do you think EAM higher education should be taught within a specific discipline?
Do you think European EAM higher education is relevant in your country context?
What world regions do students from your country mainly opt for if they go aborad for a higher education degree?