the solar system n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
The Solar System PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
The Solar System

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 11
regina-acosta

The Solar System - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

75 Views
Download Presentation
The Solar System
An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. The Solar System By Reagan Herbek

  2. The Inner Planets The inner planets are the four planets closest to the sun. They include: Venus, the second brightest object in the night sky after the moon. The mountains on Venus are higher than mountains on Earth. Mars, the last planet forming the inner solar system. Mars has the tallest mountain in the solar system, Olympus Mons. Mercury, the closest planet to the sun. Mercury has a black sky so stars can often be seen during the day. Earth, the only planet humans live on. This planet is estimated to be 4.5 billion years old.

  3. Outer Planets The Outer Planets The four outer planets are farthest from the sun. They include: Neptune, with 19 known moons. Neptune once had a spot like Jupiter’s. Uranus, which has nights there that can last for more than 40 years. It is also the coldest planet in our solar system. Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar system. More than one planet Earth can fit in Jupiter’s great red spot. Saturn, with seven flat rings circling it. 29.46 Earth years is how long it takes Saturn to orbit around the sun.

  4. Earth’s Surface Three quarters of Earth’s surface is covered with water which is 71%. The other 29% is land. The five oceans belonging to Earth are the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Antarctic, and the Arctic ocean. The largest is the Pacific and the smallest is the Arctic. The Northern Hemisphere contains the largest ice cap.

  5. Earth’s Surface Earth has many different physical features. There are mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers, oceans, and seas. Earth’s mountains can have an effect on its climate. These mountains change the patterns of wind circulation, precipitation, and temperature because of their high elevations.

  6. Mar’s Surface Mars has a rocky surface as you can see in the picture. There are no known continents or oceans on Mars. The Northern hemisphere in Mars consists of younger plains with lower elevations. Mar’s Southern Hemisphere has ancient cratered highlands.

  7. Mar’s Surface Mar’s surface consists of ice caps, streambeds, mountains, and trenches. The highest mountain on Mars is Olympus Mons Volcano. Polar ice caps on Mars are made of water ice and solid carbon dioxide. They change as different seasons come and go.

  8. Curiosity Space Rover Curiosity is currently on its way to Mount Sharp, which is a three mile high structure with layers that scientists believe recorded Mar’s geographical history. Curiosity has discovered that life on Mars could have existed, Mars is red on top and gray below, its atmosphere was destroyed a long time ago, and trips to Mars are dangerous for humans because of the radiation there. The Curiosity space rover on Mars seeks signs that Mars once supported life. Curiosity is also the largest rover to ever be sent to Mars. It weighs 2,000 pounds or 900 kilograms. Like humans, Curiosity has eyes, arms, legs, etc. Curiosity uses them as tools to find out more information.

  9. How Planets are Alike Mars and Earth are alike in many ways. They are both made up of many different physical features. These features include ice caps, streambeds, mountains, and trenches. Both planets have a Grand Canyon. Mar’s is called VallesMarineris and Earth’s is simply called the Grand Canyon. Mars and Earth are both part of the inner solar system. They both have nearly the same amount of land surface area. Also, Earth and Mars both have moons.

  10. How Planets are Different Yes, Mars and Earth have many similarities, but they also have many differences. Mars has a different magnetic field than that of Earth. Earth is home to human life, although Mars has a rover searching for signs of life. The moon is Earth’s only satellite, Mars has two. The temperature of Mars can be raised up to 5 degrees, which is much less than that of Earth.

  11. Conclusion Did you learn more about our solar system? I hope so. With this project, I learned more about the planets than ever before. All the objects in the sky are so amazing to learn about! Thank you guys so much for watching and listening! I hope you all enjoyed!