By, Steve Jesukiewicz Cj Coakley Michael Sanders Maureen Mittura. Delta Kite. Group 6 Project 2. What type of kite is best?. Outline. Types of kite What Kite we chose Kite test Purpose of delta kite How to make a kite Why we chose delta kite Analysis of how our kite went .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Group 6 Project 2
Why it looks this way
- High-performance kite that reaches relatively high heights
- This type is a cellular kite
- The typical design has four parallel struts
- The box is made rigid with diagonal crossed struts
- There are two sails, also known as ribbons
- Each sail is a quarter of the length of the box
- The ribbons wrap around the ends of the box, leaving the ends and middle of the kite open
- Sails help stability during flights
Usually have triangular wings.
Spars on the leading edge of the wings
which can pivot on the spreader bar
One or more longitudinal spars help the kite to keep its shape.
spars can be made stiffer and stronger if necessary
A keel is usually used but is not always necessary.
A high-wind Delta kite will have its towing point more towards the nose of the kite.