AMSCO PRESENTATION TO NEPAD HR DIASPORA . WHAT IS AMSCO?. AMSCO is a joint venture between the UNDP, the private sector arm of the World Bank (IFC), the African Development Bank, several Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) and several corporate giants. AMSCO SHAREHOLDERS.
AMSCO’s shareholders include the following:
United Nations & other multi-state Institutions –
One of AMSCO’s DFI shareholders is -
AMSCO’s private sector stakeholders include
– a specially constituted joint venture company that acts as the Operational Unit of the ATMS Project.
– A trust which provides grant funds for client companies in Africa assisted by the ATMS Project, but which cannot afford the full costs of the services.
AMSCO'S CORPORATE MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FALLS UNDER THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- set up the businesses,
- install management systems,
- improve operational and financial performance and
- transfer capacity to local managers to succeed the AMSCO personnel. AMSCO may also help businesses arrange technical rehabilitation.
1. In principle, AMSCO's SME clients may qualify for a training subsidy to assist in meeting a portion of the cost of AMSCO sponsored management development and training programmes for staff of the companies in line with the overall objective of the ATMS Project. Larger clients may qualify for training subsidy only in exceptional cases (i.e. compelling development case) with prior approval from AMSCO's Stichting (Trust Fund) Board.
3. The client must agree, as part of the management services agreement and also part of the contract with the Stichting, to implement the training programme identified and based on a need assessment by AMSCO, and to provide periodic reports to AMSCO on the progress of the training programme including agreed targets and performance indicators.
Between 1989 and 2000, AMSCO appointed some 520 Managers to 240 mainly small & medium sized companies in 26 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa for an average of 3 years. With the assistance of these managers and AMSCO Capacity Building Specialists, more than 7,000 employees received on-the-job training within their companies and/or additional external training. AMSCO currently has some 250 Managers seconded to businesses in 23 countries in Africa
Upon receipt of the above-described information and following a successful internal review of the information supplied by the applicant for AMSCO assistance, AMSCO begins the process of recruiting and accrediting AMSCO Managers and providing the associated benefits to the business enterprise.
(+27 11 219 5012)
( + 27 11 268 0088)
e-mail : email@example.com