INVASIVE ALIEN SPECIES. METHODOLOGY. OUTLINE. Identification of nature and sources of introduction of IAS. Identification of the applicable global and regional instruments governing IAS. Have these instruments been ratified? If not, what are the necessary steps for ratification?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
-The inspection of consignments of plants and plant products
-The disinfection of plants and plant products
- The protection of endangered areas and the designation, maintenance and surveillance of pest free areas.
-powers of inspectors
-Regulation of Imports and Exports
-Controlled Areas and Control measures
-Legal Authority- an established NPPO with clearly defined powers and functions
- Organized inspection services and facilities
- Pest diagnosis and pest risk analysis/surveillance systems
- Effective and efficient quarantine measures and procedures, including emergency response measures
- Training and development of staff
-Monitoring and evaluation