Do you think death is a comma, a full stop, or a question mark? . , ?. Life After Death Christian Beliefs. To describe what Catholics believe about life after death and explain this belief from the resurrection of Jesus To be able to give evidence that support this belief
Life After Death mark?Christian Beliefs
Belief How it affects the way Catholics live
Create the table as below, and fill it in using the bubbles.
1. Only get to heavenwill try to follow Jesus through Church & bible teachings
if believe in Jesus
And follow his teaching.
5. Heaven means eternal life with God, so Catholics will try to know God on earth through prayer, reading the bible, using the sacraments, following Church teachings.
3. Sin prevents people from living with God (=heaven), so Catholics will try to live a life free of sin (follow the bible and church teachings, seek forgiveness - reconciliation)
2. Parable of Sheep and Goats: only those who have done good to others will be given heaven at the Last Judgement
4. Belief in LAD gives meaning to life, and the reasons for which you do things (live for love, avoid sin). This affects the way you live.
believe Purgatoryexists as a third possibility for the soul after death. The prayers of the saints and of the Church on earth can help these souls be purified and reach heaven
Heaven = blissful union with God. If you die in grace.
Hell = perpetual state of self-torment (a self-chosen rejection of God/ preference of evil)
Purgatory = a state of purification. The soul’s perception of God’s love and awareness of having gone against this love (its own past wrongdoing) is painful to the soul, and purifies it from sin.
Choose one question to answer (8 marks)(both questions are asking how Christians understand heaven. Remember to mention purgatory: only Catholics believe in it)
Orthodox/ Protestants: mark?
The moral progress of the soul, either for better or for worse, ends at the very moment of the separation of the body and soul;
There is no way of repentance, no way of escape, no reincarnation and no help from the outside world.
Its place is decided forever by its Creator and judge.