Learning Styles. for Individuals & Groups. To be Human. a baby must learn So, all of us must be either learning or stagnating… growing or dying. Learning occu rs. according to universal principles according to cultural, age/gender, and cultural differences.
Memletic: appreciating differences in learningstyles; learning geared to individual differences
This language processing disorder can hinder reading, writing, spelling and sometimes even speaking.
This LD affects writing and can lead to problems with spelling, poor handwriting and putting thoughts on paper.
Dyscalculia refers to a wide range of lifelong learning disabilities involving math.
A disorder that affects motor skill development, often coexists with other learning disabilities.
4. Give one example as to how recognition of learning styles has or might help a student.
5. A family’s communication style tends to be yelling. How might this effect, not only a child of the family, but the ability of the family to learn and grow?
6. A church or organization has a very autocratic leader not given to suggestions. How might this affect it as a potential learning organization
7. This is complex, yet very important, information. How could you and your organization continue to learn and grow as learning organization?
2. Just as Piaget’s and other developmentalists’ theories and stages had to be critiqued, tweaked, and integrated by later experts, so we never master this material. Rather, we go on learning about human development, human relationships, and teaching-learning from students and from our team or colleagues.
3. One of the points made here, and often neglected, is that: beyond students, families, groups and churches, cities and societies are all in the process of learning. It is important to consider the learning disorders or dysfunctions of families, communities and cultures—what they are learning… and what they are not learning.