Global Performing Arts Database. Paul Houle Library Systems Cornell University Library. Thanks To James Reidy Joshua Young Chip Goines Susan Specter Karen Brazell Ron Rice Derek Messie. www.glopad.org. Vietnamese Water Puppets.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Cornell University Library
James Reidy Joshua Young
Chip Goines Susan Specter
Karen Brazell Ron Rice
JSP / PostgreSQL
PHP / PostgreSQL
performing arts group
part of body
sound field type
Country: United Kingdom
Based on Apache URL rewriting
RewriteRule ^/$ /pi/ [R]
RewriteRule ^/ei/$ /ei/php [R]
RewriteRule ^/pi/record/(digdoc)/([0-9]*)$ /pi/full_record.php?obj=$1&id=$2
(1) Facility (i) will involve adding a button on the bottom of the digital object record screen that will clone an object. (2) The cloning process will create a copy of the metadata records of the object, but will not copy the associated media file(s); it will copy the contents of the d_digdoc row and any rows in the r_ tables associated with other fields (other than performance and component) (3) The user will be left at the object edit screen for the new object, where they have the option of uploading the files for the new DO and of editing selected fields
(4) The user will have the option of doing a “deep copy” of the associated Performance and Component records – this will copy the fields contained in the d_performance and d_component records, along with any r_ table rows, and create the r_table records linking the new Digdoc to the new Performance and Component records. (5) If the user chooses not to “deep copy” these records, there will be no linked Performance and Component records.
(6) The source object record associated with a digital object will be shallow copied: new digital objects will be linked to the same source object as the template digital object
The following items from the PIP are not yet implemented:
. (16) Access to the batch upload facility will be controlled by Apache access control
(17e) Check for files not listed in glopad_batch.txt
(24) Shallow copy Source Object records.
(29) A note will be inserted into the d_digdoc.notes field documenting the bulk import.
I am proposing that we remove the following items:
(27) All new records will be tagged with a unique bulk upload id in a new field of the d_digdoc record.
(28) The new field will be indexed by the full-text search, so that editors will be able to pull out all of the records linked to the digdoc.
And add one more item:
(31) Create a cron job that removes old files left by the batch upload process
Image credits: Meyerhold Theatre, Russia; San Francisco Performing Arts Library & Museum; Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre of Hanoi, Vinh Qui ; Gertrude Stein Repertory Theatre